Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am FINALLY getting around to my "Phoenix is 2" post. I have been having trouble uploading ALL of the pics from the party, so the ones below will have to do for now. First, let me just say, this post is one for the record books, so this may get a little bit braggy. I want to remember EXACTLY what my Phoenix was like at age 2, and I'm sure you all know how fast time can fly. So here goes..

ALL ABOUT PHOENIX ARLINE MCCALL, THE BIG 2 YEAR OLD!!!

SHE knows her ABC's, can count to 20 on her own, knows her numbers, knows all her letters,knows her colors, knows MANY animals and the sounds they make, she can do 3 cheer moves already(spirit fingers, arm in the air with a fist and the other fist on her hip, and then she kicks), she can throw a baseball and kick a soccer ball, she makes sounds for EVERYTHING..car, motorcycle, airplane, etc., she can strum a guitar(thanks to Bobby), and she has a little piano that she is always banging on while she sings, the most impressive thing that Phoenix does is sing(of course nothing I passed down to her, it's all Bobby's genes). She started singing the regular kid songs, like, Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, Itsy bitsy spider, the Barney Song, Happy Birthday, Pooh theme song(can't remember the name), and Elmo's song. Bobby started playing these tunes for her on his guitar and she would sing along. One day he called me in and said "you've got to see this" I watched my daughter sing Twinkle Twinkle to Bobby playing, and then he said, "switch keys", and he played it in a different key, and Phoenix matched ALL of the notes. THEN, he played in ANOTHER key, and she matched again. I said WOW, she just sang in 3 keys, does that mean she can sing? Bobby was like, yeah I think it does? I guess we'll see? I just know watching my little baby girl strain for those high notes was about the cutest thing I'd ever seen!! Not too long after that she started picking up on songs that Bobby would sing, she now knows a few rock ballads. :) I die every time she breaks into "I don't mind stealin' bread from the mouths of decadents, I'm going hungry, I'm going hungry"(pearl jam, I think?).
Singing is not the only thing this big girl likes to do. She loves the park. She always asks, "go park, see slides and swings and teeter totter"? She also enjoys time with her "Papa and Mima" and of course her cousin Ethan. My sister keeps Phoenix while I'm in school and Phoenix always knows if it's early in the morning and we're headed out the door that she's "goin to Kiki's house to color, see Rasta and Ruca(dogs)". Now that Phoenix is getting older she is getting smarter about avoiding bed time. Last night she got in my bed and said "Mama and Phoenix lay down on Mama's pillow, lay down Mama, go sleep". I felt like she was saying "you know I'm cute, so just let me sleep with you and Daddy tonight, please"? I LOVE when we're in the car and she guesses where we're going. She'll say "go shopping Mama"! Sadly, she's usually correct, she's usually going shopping with her Mama. She is a Daddy's girl. She's been saying "no Mama, Phoenix's Dada", a lot lately! The two of them are always playing, and he can make her laugh from her gut EVERY time! Phoenix LOVES animals. My dog Marley is her BEST FRIEND. She plays with her all the time. She loves Niki's dogs too, and my friend Shawna's cats. She is always wanting to watch the "birdies" at the park too! Although she loves animals, she HATES bugs,and doesn't like her hands dirty! My girl loves her shoe collection which is almost larger than mine now, and is starting to get excited when she gets new clothes. Her recent birthday party seemed to make her more excited than I'd ever seen her. She is still waking up asking, "where the mouse(Chuck E.) go? Where birthday party? Balloons, cake, presents?" I think she dreams about her big Chuck E. Cheese night.
I could go on and on and on about this big 2 year old, because having had her, is by far the BEST thing I've ever done. Bobby and I LOVE everything about her. She is so full of personality!! I just realized that the entire time I've been typing, I've had a smile on my face. I even laughed a few times. Today I'm looking forward to her waking up and yelling, "Mama, where is you, good morning, Mama!"
It is almost unbelievable that Phoenix is 2, that our little 2 year old can bring joy and love to SO many people, that she can brighten any room with her big blue eyes, and that she has given Bobby and I the BEST 2 years of our lives so far.
We love this little girl more than EVER!!
Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet Phoenix!

Next up for Phoenix:
potty training
kicking the bottle to the curb
learning the sounds letters make and sounding out words

Enjoy these few pics from the party..




3 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Great post!! Perfect for the journals. I really need to be better at journaling for my kiddos. She will love reading this in a few years AND when she is a mommy. Although, it might stress her out if her two year old isn't able to do everything she does! :-) Remind her that she is one of a kind!

Marylin said...

Love that!! She is so bright!! Really, it is kinda funny now that I think about it, recently I will be out places or with friends and they will have kids that are almost 2 or just turned two and I will think "Oh Phoenix talks much better, or Phoenix already knows her ABC's" as if she is my kid or something!! :)

Q is for the Quince's said...

LOVE the post!!!! Your such a good Momma!!!! I'm sorry the pictures aren't working for you??? Let me know and we can re do them onto a better disc maybe???