Also, to add to that, nothing makes you angry like being on a diet, in the middle of a weight loss challenge, working out EVERY DAY, and watching the scale move .5 lbs up, and then back down. I got up at 4am today to go to the gym, and I came home a hot mess. Poor Bobby was speechless. Imagine the image, me with my red face from running, drenched in sweat, no make up, hair back, frumpy sweats, and tears in my eyes because the scale just didn't want to play nice this morning. This is the reason I don't own a scale, I would end up on Prozac after one week!!! My sweet husband is just so patient, or he was just too tired to speak, I mean this was at
5am. and all, but he gave me some words of encouragement and then left for work. I realize I am one of MANY people who workout and don't get the results they want right away. I'm going to stick with it and try and be more positive though. I should be grateful that I have friends that are athletic and encouraging. Shawna meets me at the gym sometimes at 5am or earlier, and Liz has a running group that I can tag along with whenever I want, and my husband has been lifting with me and dieting too. I am sure with it being January and all, that many of you are struggling with some extra holiday poundage! So if you too are working towards a goal, whether it be Algebra or weight loss, then let me know what struggles you've had and how you've overcome them. I'd love some advice on how to get past this little slump.
These pictures were NOT taken this morning, but they will give you an idea of how bad I looked!
I think I need to break down and buy some cute workout clothes, but it just seems so hard to make myself do it!!
4 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, Jess went up .5 too! It happens! But really, with how tight your butt looks, I'm sure it's all muscle. :-) That's the price you pay to have a rock hard bod!
I wish I was any help at all with the Algebra. I'm right there with you. I'm sure you are getting it way better then I would if I went back to school. You are much braver then I am.
But really, I know you weren't fishing for compliments, but you are SO good at SO many things!! The one I would have to say I'm most jealous of is how athletic you are! You can really pick up anything. :-)
Dang, I should have scoped out the crowd better this morning at the gym--I don't know how long you stay, but I got there at 5:30. Let me know if you ever go between 5:30 & 6:30 and I'll keep my eye out for you. I can't do 4am--that's just a recipe for me to be a mean mom all day. I'm so jealous of your math class. Seriously, give me a call if you need help with your algebra...I LOVE IT!!! I totally miss it, & love feeling like I'm actually using my brain. Until I can actually go back to finish the 38 credits of (all math) classes I need, I have to settle for just helping others (I know, I'm a nerd). Don't get down about the +.5 either. Next week you'll probably be -2.5. Just like on the Biggest Loser--it just doesn't make sense sometimes. Not your fault!
First of all, I think you are amazing for even trying the algebra! Secondly, I think you are even more amazing for waking up and going to the gym at 4am!!! You are one dedicated lady:)
K so I am soooo with you on the whole weight loss nonsense, I am soooooo frustrated!! I started running a while back and I have been really good since we got back from Texas on not eating any sugar and I have not lost ONE stinkin pound! I am about to throw in the towel with the contest, but I can't give up on losing this junk cause I HATE IT!! Oh and the algebra, YAY for you to do it, but I too do not enjoy busting a move with numbers!!
Post a Comment