Monday, August 4, 2008

This weekend was really relaxed and laid back. We started out with dinner at our friend's house, Jillian and Dave Love, they have a 4 year old that entertained Phoenix the WHOLE time! That was SO nice. And, Jillian made an amazing meal complete with dessert. AWESOME hostess! The next morning Bobby made Phoneix and me a HUGE breakfast! It was complete with pancakes, eggs, and potatoes! It was SO sweet of him, because if it were up to me it would have been special K and a diet coke. :) His idea of breakfast is much tastier than mine. After that we took Phoenix to the pool to "practice" what she learned at last weeks swim lesson. I wanted Bobby to see what she could do. I'm so proud that she can put her face in. But,I am struggling with teaching her to blow bubbles in the pool. She likes to stick her tongue out and try and eat the water instead?! I did take some pics at the pool. I thought it was funny how wrinkly her little feet got. After that we got ready to go visit Bobby's family, and I was SOOOOOO thrilled that I got her hair into a TINY ponytail. Now, I added a picture of this momentous occasion, but you will have to look VERY close to actually see it in the pic. I realize that many of you had pigtails and mohawks on your babies the first day they were alive, but I have been waiting 18 LONG months, everyday fighting her to keep a headband on, and now I finally get to enjoy an actual "hairstyle" on her! Yay!


My girl sits wherever she wants when she eats. :)


Daddy and Phoenix


My little fish


Look at her wrinkly feet!!


PONYTAIL..look CLOSE, it's there!


I LOVE my sweet Phoenix.

3 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

YAY Phoenix!!! I love the picture of you and her, you both look so beautiful! Did you cut your hair?? Also, the picture of her wrinkly feet is too cute.
Claire was looking at the pictures with me oohing and awing. I think she misses her friend. :0(
Also, I tried the dipping her forehead into the water first and it totally worked. She loved it! We will have to take them swimming together before the end of the summer.

Marylin said...

Oh yes of course I remember you! You hung out with Gentry right? Your little girl is so cute and I love her name! Thanks for the compliment, that was very sweet, I have always thought you were pretty as well! You were a cheerleader for a bit in High School too right? Aww the good ol days of Chap! So glad you decided to say hello and not just stalk!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.