Saturday, August 16, 2008

running partner?

I'm desperately looking for a running partner!!! I am interested in running the Las Vegas Marathon, but I HATE running my long run days alone. If anyone knows someone training please send them my way. I have decided that if I can't get a partner soon then I'll just run the half marathon in December. I know I can finish a half, and I hope to meet SOMEONE at the race interested in training for a whole. I need a partner BAD!! I don't know why, but it just motivates me SO much to run with someone else. SO...if anyone wants to START training for it, I'm patient and can help you along the way, or if you know ANYONE who wouldn't mind me tagging along on a long day...PUH-LEASE let me know. Thanks!

6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

You know I'd be there for you if we lived closer. That is definetly something I hope to do in my life. I would have to start with a half though. I am thinking of doing a triathalon in the spring with my friend Alisa if you want to do that too! ;-) Just go ahead and do them all!

Leah said...

I'm sure I don't live any where close but as soon as the new school year starts I'm going to start running again. I am nowhere near half marathons though. I'm more of a 5K girl so I'd have to work up to it. My husband wants to do the LV marathon though. I'll try to get in really great shape and maybe I can give it a shot!!

Jessi McCall said...

Leah,
Where do you live?? I've decided to do the half marathon in December, because the summer heat here is making it too hard to train as hard as I need to for the full! I would LOVE to keep training for a full in the spring. I WILL run the half in December though, so if you're anywhere near me then let's do it!!! If you can do a 5k then you can do a half..NO PROBLEM!!

Leah said...

Hey Jessi-
I live on the east side! We usually run 5K's all through the fall and through the spring. I've never pushed my self that hard (to do a half marathon) so maybe I'll have to step up my game!

familiesarepriceless said...

I know a great partner for you!!! LIZ PRISBEY!! You go girls.

randivon said...

Yeah... if I were not in Texas and if I were a better runner, I would come run with you. I run here but not fast and I am still not running long distances. But, it sounds like fun to get to that point! :-)
I wanted to let you know that there is a webpage for our 10 year HS reunion... if you are interested.
chaparral98.com
Okay... that is all. :-)
~Randi Van (von)