Saturday, August 9, 2008



OK, Let me just begin by saying that I have no idea why my video of Phoenix is the size of Texas? If any of you know and could help me out it'd be much appreciated! I can't get my girl to dance all that much, but every now and then she'll try and break it down to Barney. I of course can never get her to dance on film, it's like she knows somethings up and she's onto me. So when I saw that she was in a silly mood tonight, I thought I could maybe get her to sing? She actually knows "twinkle, twinkle" the whole way through, but I couldn't get it on film. This is the best I could get her, but I'll take it! Music is such a HUGE part of our household. As a matter of fact Bobby is singing "let it be" right now to the guitar, and as distracting as it may be while I'm blogging, I do love hearing him, and it melts my heart even more when Phoenix sings her itty bitty little heart out!
-Now, I realize that most of you bloggers stick to one subject per post, but that's a little too structured for someone like me. I'm kind of an "all over the place" type of person, so I figure you will all understand if my blog is that way too. Please forgive the lack of organization, but if you know me well this won't come as a big surprise.
-I wanted to add to this post my extreme enthusiasm about my new co-ed softball team! This will be my first time playing on a softball team. I always wanted to play when I was young, but since I lived soccer there just wasn't much time for anything else. I'm so stoked to finally have the chance to play. My husband comes from a strong baseball background. He is one of 3 brothers that all played growing up, and he has a dad and two uncles that also played growing up, and I've heard his Aunt through marriage can rock it from 3rd to 1st base like a man too, so you see there's a little pressure! Also, Jess Prisbrey(B's best from the old school) also played FOREVER, so there's a little more pressure for me! To help alleviate some of the pressure I thought there would be no one better to drag into this with me than LIZ PRISBREY! I owe her for torturing me on the 4-wheeler until I finally learned(3 years later), and I know she is WAY competitive and SUPER athletic, so I'm looking forward to learning this new sport with her. Hopefully we can keep our crazy husband's from yelling at us too much! I saw a paper on the counter when I got home that had a field drawn on it with every one's name in their position. He said him and Jess were going over strategies on the phone this afternoon, GREAT!! Liz, I think we better get practicing girl!! :) SO, this random novel is over. I'll keep ya posted on how softball goes this season.
Hope you enjoyed the video of my sweet Phoenix!

10 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

LOL!! I love Phoenix! She never ceases to amaze me. She is so incredibly smart and I can't get over her perfect pitch. I'm still hoping Mason will come around one day. And by they way, why haven't I ever heard you sing?? Your voice is AMAZING on Twinkle Twinkle, I'm sure it would sound even better on another song??

Yeah, so your comment went WAY over my head. I had to call Jess in to explain it to me. :-) I'm a nerd. Anyway, I'm so excited about softball!! I made Jess take me out back today and teach me a ton of stuff. They say it's fine now, but we'll see when we get on the field. (you understand)

THE END! :-)

Marylin said...

So cute! I love that she is working out the guitar also!! Oh and when you are doing the videos there is a spot where you can choose what size you want it to be. It is right before you get the code and there are all the different options for what the screen will look like to the right. I don't know if any of that made sense, if not I will try again :)

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute!! Shes such a lil musician like daddy! i agree with Liz...your voice is amazing! you and bobby should get alittle Sonny and Cher thing goin on ! HA! my blog still stinks...hopefully i have some time to get it together today...P is getting sooo big it makes me cry and laugh at the same time!! Love you girls!

xoxoxoxoxo

Jessi McCall said...

I never really know how to comment back to people. Do I comment on here about it, or go to your page and comment?? Advice please?
For now I'll comment here..
To LIZ AND TERA~
ARE YOU BOTH SMOKING CRACK? MY VOICE IS AMAZING??? I ONLY sang to get her going, which didn't work well because saw the camera!! But, thanks for being nice enough friends to lie to me about it! I'm LMAO about this!? YA'LL ARE TRIPPIN!! :)

familiesarepriceless said...

Very cute!!! My daughter just knows the movements. I love it! I know how you feel about them freezing up when the camera comes out. Kayslee does it all the time. We can't come up with a baby name. I think the baby will be here before the name. Kayslee sat on my lap and watched Pheniox sing and laughed and tried to sing along with her. It was cute. We all need to have a play date. Have you gone back to work?

familiesarepriceless said...

O ya thanks for the whole softabll thing. I'm bummed but I will settle for being just a sub.

Mer said...

WOW! I am happy that Jaxon says boat. She is amazing. Is my child slow????? LOL! I guess that is what happens when you have three kids, you are just happy that they talk at all instead of scream at thier siblings.

Kellie and Stephen said...

That is amazing - Ryker is still mute, I think he's backtracking in the speech department if anything. I cannot believe her talking, I soo have Mom envy right now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I found you! Umm, did you know this comes up right away when I Google your name...your like, famous! Anyway, I am loving little miss on the guitar. I always wanted to be good at an instrument...haha, remember the violin days? I sucked! So, talking about blogging the other night at diner made me want to start one too. Actually I have been wanting to for a while and was nervous about it, but you inspired me to just do it. I am only a couple of posts in, but check me out when you get a chance...and then maybe you can teach me how to link to yours! This shit is hard to lear on your own!

Gina said...

OMG! She is soooo cute! It is crazy how fast they grow up!!!