Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oh how sad it is to be home already from our vacation. I miss my family already. We were there for a week, but it flew by so fast!! Phoenix is finally getting old enough to recognize my family and she has also learned all of their names too. My little cousins were all so helpful with her, it melts my heart to see them playing with her, because I remember playing with them when they were all babies! Anyway, while I was there I definitely accomplished my goal of eating WAY too much great food, and running WAY too little. I really need to get back on track, but hey "I'll start tomorrow!" Bobby enjoyed himself too while we were there. He went with my cousins to shoot off guns, ate lots of GREAT food, went swimming, RELAXED, and played the guitar and sang for my family almost every night out on the porch. I love sitting outside, listening to him play, and watching the kids play in the grass. I wish life were always so laid back! I'm going to work on slowing it down a little. Before I end this though, I must tell you all how the plane ride went....HORRIBLE! Like 9th circle of hell horrible! With the price of airline tickets at an all time high we decided to be cheap and not buy Phoenix her own seat. I figured that the flights wouldn't be full and we could probably just snag an extra. Boy was I sadly mistaken. It was 2 and a half hours of her trying to get down and play. She would cry, and then plead like she was being tortured, "down, please, please". Oh it was awful!! Bobby had to take her in the TINY bathroom and let her scream until she fell asleep. SO, on the way home I gave her a little benadryl, and it was a much more pleasant experience. She slept through the first flight, through the hour lay over, and all the way through the second flight! SCORE!!! We also got lucky on the way home and grabbed her an extra seat of her own! wheee..no sweaty baby on my chest for hours! :) But, after all was said and done it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weeks of my life! Well worth the rocky start! :)

3 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

YAY!! You posted! I have to say, I am glad to see that I am not the only one that takes lots of pictures!! LOVE THEM! My all time favorite was the NICE gymnastic move you caught in action! :0)
I was getting worried there for a minute. There almost wasn't any pictures of Bobby with his guitar. LOL!! Now that I know he is willing to stay up nights and sing to everyone, he will be put on the spot a lot more at Coral Pink!
Of course every picture of Phoenix was adorable, but my fav is the one of her and your grandma walking hand in hand. So cute!!
It looks like your week was PERFECT! I am so glad you got to go! I am also VERY glad that we will be losing vacation weight together AGAIN!! :0)

Caleb and Diane said...

Don't you just loooove DRUGS!! Good stuff I tell ya! It looks like you guys had a great trip!! I can't believe your little girl is already walking! I didn't know that! I can't wait until Daisy can walk so that she will stop getting dirty!! I hate dirty kids. haha. Well, you've got some great pictures! They are very cute!! You have such a cute family!

Julie T. said...

Glad your trip ended well! I liked seeing all your pictures. It looks like you had a good time with all your family. By the way. . . it doesn't look like you need to lose any weight:)