Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

I am FINALLY adding my Christmas story. Sorry it's just a little late. Better late than never though, right? Just because I haven't gotten around to blogging about doesn't mean it wasn't a really special holiday. As a matter of fact it was the BEST Christmas ever. I know I'm not original in saying this, but Christmas is my favorite time of year. Phoenix made the holidays better than ever before. Her enthusiasm about "Jesus' happy birthday" was too cute.
One thing I want to remember is how Bobby and I took her to see Santa. We told her Santa would bring her whatever she asked for, but she had to ask nicely and be good. So, we go to the mall and find Santa, and Phoenix politely asked for a bike with Pon-pons, a Repunzel barbie doll, and princess dress up outfits. When we got in our car to leave I noticed Phoenix was starting to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Santa didn't give me my bike?" It was seriously heartbreaking. I guess when we explained the whole thing to her we left out the part about the toys not arriving until Christmas morning. Bobby and I had a good laugh about that one! Poor Peanut.
On Christmas Eve Niki came over and we had dinner together, played cards, and baked cookies to leave out for Santa. After Phoenix was asleep we wrapped a few last minute gifts, and then we all called it a night. The next morning Phoenix, Niki, Bobby, and I woke up to find that Santa ate all the cookies and had left Phoenix the bike she asked for along with EVERYTHING else a little girl would want! I was excited about giving Niki a TV that we bought her. She gave us lots of money, and bought me a pair of running shoes that I desperately needed. I was SO happy! After we unwrapped gifts, played with our toys,and ate a bomb breakfast that Bobby hooked up for us, it was time to head to the in-laws' house. We hung there for the rest of the day. We enjoyed time with family and opened more gifts. It really was a super fun day! I will NEVER forget how special this Christmas was. Maybe it's because the economy is so bad, and a lot of people have been affected by it, but I have just been more aware of my blessings than ever before. I know we have had a life changing year ourselves, and it was full of many challenges and a little heartache, but overall I feel we came out on top. This Christmas was a nice ending to 2009, and it got me all excited about what's in store for 2010. So far, so good!
There's one more thing I have to add. I did black friday shopping this year and had a blast!! I also hit up the after Christmas sales too. I scored the BEST Christmas decorations EVER! So, look out next year, because my house is going to be awesomely decorated!!!!
Here's a thousand pics from our holiday! :)





























1 comment:

Christa said...

you are correct... better late than never! I love seeing pics of Phoenix- she is so adorable. I feel the same way about things being crummy, but it DOES make you appreciate the blessings you have.