F 30-34: 56 out of 1225
Overall: 987 out of 11803
Finish: 1:45:38 Pace: 8:04
I am behind on blogging. I know Christmas and Phoenix's birthday are posts that will be coming soon, but I wanted to blog about this race while it is still fresh in my head.
On February 7th I ran my 4th half marathon. It was the most beautiful scenery ever for a race. It was all along Huntington Beach, California. I LOVED looking out at the ocean while I was running. The weather was AMAZING too. I swear I wouldn't have changed a thing about this race. I went with a great group of friends who were running too. Bobby was in San Diego taking a class on Pro tools, and Phoenix stayed in Vegas with my in-laws. I missed Bobby and my peanut SOOO much, but I still enjoyed myself. I am SUPER proud of this race, because I set a personal record. I ran 13.1 miles in an 1:45. That was my ultimate goal time for a half marathon. So, after 3 years of training and a few injuries I FINALLY did it!!
I'll bore you all with a few details of my run now...don't say I didn't warn ya.
I started my morning off with a banana and a horrible case of nerves. After being sick a few times I met my group and we headed out to the race. It was nice having several people around me before we started. Laughing and joking before hand helped calm my nerves! I started out really strong in the beginning. I hit the 3 mile mark in under 22 minutes. By mile 8 I had slowed my pace, but was still hanging in at a 7:40 pace per mile. At mile 10 I seriously felt like I had NOTHING left. I must have looked at my watch every second for the last 3 miles. I did not sprint across the finish line like I dreamed I would, but I got to it faster than I ever had before. I looked down at my watch and saw 1:45. My heart almost floated out of my chest I was so happy!! I let a few tears of joy fall, because I realized that this would be the end of my half marathon journey and the beginning of my full marathon training. I have never set a goal this challenging for myself and actually reached it before. I'm so happy that running is a hobby that I love. I'm happy I have friends and a husband who run with me and support me, and I'm most happy that my sweet Phoenix STILL loves to "go for a run in the stroller" with her Mommy!
Here are some pics from my awesome weekend.
The run club
Melissa and me picking up our race packets
Ready for the Surf City half marathon
Enjoying some sun on the beautiful beach after a perfect run.

After 13.1
2 comments:
You have got to be kidding 13.1 miles in an hour and 45 minutes? I could maybe if I tried really really hard run 8 miles in that time. WOW, I am impressed! I think it is really cool that you run marathons and it is awesome that you met your goal.
Amazing!! I am so glad you wrote this all down!
Post a Comment