Chip Time 01:54:41
Gender Place 288 / 5842
Division Place 60 / 940
Pace 8:44
Half
I am so excited to report that I ran the Las Vegas half marathon yesterday. It was full of different emotions for me; I felt nervous/excited that morning, scared to death to jump into the sea of thousands of bodies to start the race, thrilled at the excitement of all the supporters on the sidelines cheering, frustrated at the cramps in my knees at mile 8, PISSED at the cramps in my knees at mile 10, hopeful when I saw a spectator with a sign that read "1.2 miles to go", and extremely PROUD when I FINALLY crossed the finish line. I immediately saw my husband (he's 6'3) and I felt SO relieved to see him. He was SO much apart of me running this race. He's helped me with short runs, ice baths, buying my running watch, and just reminding me that he's proud of me. But, I can't give ALL the credit to Bobby, so many of my friends and family helped me along the way. In no particular order here is my list of thanks...
Shawna- I have not forgotten about the great morning conversations we used to have when we used to run. You were my first running partner and I have yet to find one that will wake up and run at 5am. Thanks for your support! I'm sorry about your injuries. Next year is your year! :) I still have hope for "team McClawson"
Liz-Thanks for agreeing to train for this. I knew you would do GREAT! I am SO proud of you and so happy that we were able to run our first marathons together. You are truly a natural athlete and I love seeing you make use of your talents! Oh, and those gel blocks were a great idea. Thanks for the advice.
Niki- THANK YOU so much for driving across town at 4am to babysit for me. I can't tell you what a relief it was to not have to worry about getting her up and out that early. Also, thanks for supporting me throughout this whole thing. I love that you watched the race on TV and helped me find my stats online. You really make me believe in myself, THANK YOU!!
Kurt- WOW, I can't believe you got up and stood in the cold that early to cheer me on!! You're crazy, but it was so nice to know you were there. You're awesome! THANKS!
Mitra- I was SO glad you were able to run this with us. You are a great gal and I hope this is the first of many races for us! You did AMAZING, great job! And, thanks again for the pumpkin cookie at mile ten on our last long run before the race, you really saved my life that night. LOL
SO, obviously this was a GREAT experience overall. I am really proud of me and my friends. For anyone who is considering running a marathon, I must say it is so worth it, and ANYONE can do it!! Here are some pictures from the race...
4:30 am and SO excited! (oh and don't be jealous of my autographed pic of Joshua Morrow aka Nick Newman on YnR, my uncle golfs with his Dad. LOL)
This is the crowd that I had to just jump into!
One last picture before I jumped in and started running!
I'm only posting this to keep it real, I KNOW I look HORRIBLE, but I really ran as hard as I could, and I looked like crap after. Bobby said he thought I was having a heart attack, but I was just turning my ipod off! haha. I feel stupid that I looked so bad, but it is what it is! :)
Still trying to catch my breath
Liz, me, and Mitra. These girls are GREAT!!
My sweet girl enjoyed wearing my medal when I got home.
Now I know this is a little off the subject, but I also got the NICEST surprise in the mail this weekend. I have to THANK Marylin SO MUCH for the awesome apron that I won in her 100th post drawing, I LOVE IT! I also appreciate the recipes and sweet note that arrived with it. Thanks so much Marylin!
6 comments:
YAY! I am so glad you posted! I have already had a couple people ask me what your time was because they had gone to your page and it wasn't there.
I am SO proud of you!!! You did so awesome. I can not tell you enough. You and Mitra! I can't believe how fun it was for me. I am definitely planning on doing either the one in January or February. I know I can get my time better.
I've been trying to call you to see how you feel. I can barely walk. Call me! :-)
Love the picture of Phoenix!
You ROCK I can't wait to do mine after reading about you and Liz! I have a long way to go though!!! I am soooo out of shape!! :) Oh and I am sooo glad that you like your apron it looks awesome on you!!!
I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you!!! It is so awesome! Why am I not surprised that you had your make-up on??? You should have won a medal for "cutest runner!"
That is so awesome - you did amazing! I keep telling myself someday I'll give the running thing a try, so when I do I'll know who to call for all the advice and support I'll need. I love the picture of Pheonix with your shoes and medal on - soo cute!
That is awesome Jessie! I can't believe you had to be there so early, that is even more impressive. I doubt I could get up that early to run that far! Way to go!
I am so impressed with you girls. I don’t know how you even run for 13 miles without stopping. Maybe that is why you look as good as you do and I look how I do.
Post a Comment