Monday, December 15, 2008

Braggy??

Ok, so I'm not sure if "braggy" is a word, but that's what my husband said to me last night. Let me start from the beginning. We got home and we were hanging out. I was mad that Desperate Houswives was a re-run, so I logged onto Blogspot for some entertainment. Bobby was looking over my shoulder at the computer when he said "is that your newest blog", and I answered "yeah, about my race, wanna read it?" He answers "yeah, but can you read it to me I don't have my contacts in?" So I begin reading, and I hear him trying to cover up his laughter. So I'm like "are you laughing?" then he starts bursting out in laughter. He couldn't control himself. Now I start laughing because I think he's laughing at my pictures being SO BAD! BUT NO, he's laughing because he says he can't believe how "braggy" it sounds. I was like "WHAT??? REALLY??", I was mortified because it's already been up for a week!! After he calmed his laughter down a bit he told me that I'm not usually so confident and he thought it sounded braggy. I immediately went into the whole I've-trained-for-a-whole-year-and-I-can't-be-proud? You-better-say-sorry-NOW!! But, then I read my blog over again and I GUESS I can see where he's coming from. I just want to clear this up for anyone who read it and thought it was a little over the top with confidence. If I did sound "braggy" I certainly didn't mean to. I have been running for almost 2 years and have NEVER had the confidence to actually race. I was just excited that I finished. I am well aware that my time could improve, I could lose some weight, I could definitely use a pair of those fancy running pants, and I KNOW I could NEVER have done this without my friends and family. Bobby thought it sounded funny that I was thanking people like I won an award, but honestly I know I wouldn't have accomplished this alone, and it was a BIG deal to me even if others don't get it. I love my husband and he didn't hurt my feelings or anything, but it got me paranoid about how many others were laughing uncontrollably at my post!! Please know that I never meant to sound "braggy"...ever!! Please be honest and leave me a comment of what you thought. I won't catch feelings if you DO agree with Bobby!!

5 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

WHAT?!? Absolutely NOT!! I loved reading your post and I never once thought you sounded "braggy." I thought it was cool that you thanked people because it showed how much it meant to you to do it and how hard you had actually trained for it.

As far as you saying your time could be better and you could lose weight, I do have a few things to say about that. CRAZY!!! You are going to give me a complex about my time and weight. REALLY?!! You are incredibly awesome and even if the post was "braggy," which I DON'T think it was, you DESERVE bragging rights!! We all do!

Anonymous said...

I second what Liz said! You weren't braggy at all! And, I wanted to say that I saw some of your family pictures on Chris's blog and they looked SOOO good! I loved them!

Marylin said...

NOT AT ALL!! I think what you did was amazing and I would have done the same thing and probably will do the same thing next year when I run!! Oh and your time was great and your weight let's not go there!!!

Q is for the Quince's said...

I laughed out loud when I read this because I can just picture the whole scene!!!! It is soooooo NOT braggy!!! It's awesome :) be proud!!!

Leah said...

OKAY I know how you feel about wanting to scream it from the rooftops about how accomplished you feel. Running is extremely hard AND extremely gratifying. When I ran my first 5K I felt like a warrior and look at you, with your half marathon runnnin' self.
There's nothing like completing a goal you weren't sure you'd be able to do! I didn't think you were bragging at all but even if you were you have every right to. Not everyone can get out there and pound pavement for over an hour. You ROCK!!!