Friday, December 18, 2009

Niki is a LOSER!!

5 months ago my sister, Niki, found out her cholesterol was high. She told me she was making a lifestyle change and was going to get healthy. I can't believe how serious she was. In 5 months she has lost 40 lbs. If I didn't love her so much I would have to hate her! She didn't do any crazy working out, just 3 days of cardio per week. Her diet was what really did the trick. She ate 1200 calories a day...no matter what! No cheat days, meals, or treats. She was strict until she hit her goal. Still she only allows herself a cheat meal on special occassions. I am so proud of her and inspired by her. It is rare that you see someone make a life change to be healthier. She is awesome! Here are the before and after pics.

BEFORE: July 4,2009



AFTER: November 26, 2009

5 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Wow, Niki looks incredible!! She is such an inspiration. You know I love these types of stories.

Leah said...

WOW!!! I don't know your sister but that is AMAZING! Tell her she looks fabulous for us.
Truly inspiring.

Christa said...

Wow is right!!! She makes me think I an do it too!!! Good for her!!! She looks great!

Brinlee said...

Holy Moly! She looks AMAZING!! Thanks for the inspiration! That's awesome!! It's nice to see someone real making that big of a change! Way to go Jessi's sister!!

Dawn + Ryan said...

I am so inspired by people like this, even if I don't know them! BTW thanks for your card as well. I was just dying over gorgeous little Phoenix! She is so cute/adorable/GORGEOUS, just like you!