Thursday, December 10, 2009

My 30th Birthday!

Yes, on October 4, 2009, I turned 30! I had no big plans. I had tried to get some of my friends together for a night out, but they were all busy. My good friend, Tera, said we'd go out with the few that agreed to come, and most of them ended up being no shows. I swear I almost cried, but we ended up having a good time. I would understand by the next night why they had all flaked on me....because BOBBY MADE THEM! He was mad that I was planning something for myself while he was trying to throw me a surprise party. He called all of my friends and made them cancel any birthday plans they had with me, even lunch dates! So, Saturday night rolls around and Bobby tells me that he got us a room at the Palms, and we were going to see Citizen Cope(one of my favs) in concert. I was pumped! When we pulled up to the Palms he said we were running late, and that he had to get the tickets from the room. We hurry up to the room, and I walk into what looks like an apartment. Before I could even process that this suite was the size of my house, I was startled by a loud "SURPRISE!" I almost died. I had NO IDEA! I had given up any hope for a party at that point, and I didn't even know they made hotel suites that big. Bobby had done a LOT of lying and scheming to keep me in the dark. He later said it was the most stressful thing he's ever done. The party was amazing! Bobby's band played a set of my favorite songs, and that was the best part of the night for me. I am a lucky girl. This was the first birthday party I've had since my Mom died. She threw me a surprise birthday party 15 years ago. I have to say, Bobby and my Mom both gave me the best birthday memories I could have ever hoped for! Thank you, Bobby. You definitely softened the blow of turning 30. Here are some pictures of the party!

































1 comment:

Liz Prisbrey said...

What a sweet husband! Happy 3th again!