Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Coral Pink Trip 2009

Years ago, I think about 5, our friends invited us camping. I wanted to turn down the offer because I wasn't really a camping kind of gal, but my husband was thrilled and I felt I should give something new a try. We ended up having SO much fun and I realized that I had totally been missing out! Every year since then we have joined our great friends and their families on an annual camping trip to Coral Pink. It is an extremely large group and almost everyone there has kids, so I felt safe letting Phoenix roam around and play freely, which is a luxury I rarely experience. There are several reasons why this trip is such a blast for me, Bobby, and Phoenix. I was THRILLED to see Phoenix have fun from sun up to sun down. She played SO hard ALL day that I think she is still recovering. Every morning she wanted to skip breakfast and go "camping with Claire Bear."(her BF) The highlight of this trip for Bobby is hands down riding the 4-wheelers. He looks forward to it all year, and he really does get a ton of riding in while we're there. The list for me is a little longer, I love this trip for many reasons. I love eating the great food and visiting with friends. We laughed harder during this trip than ever before! I love watching my sweet girl be so happy. I love seeing the people that I only get to see when I'm on this trip.
I can now say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE riding my quad! Finally I can ride without being freaked out the whole time, and I get what all the hype is about, it's WAY FUN!!!! I always enjoy running into the polygamists in Colorado City. I know, I'm weird, but it's like a train wreck, and I just can't look away. Seriously though, this weekend was AMAZING! Thank you Liz and Jess for the invite. I'm so glad to have great friends who enjoy the same hobbies as us. We had a blast...it was the best Coral Pink trip yet!!!

Here are some pictures from our trip...
















<













6 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

YAY!!! I am SO happy you see the HYPE now!! You have been great for years, but I understand getting rid of that knot in your stomach. I can't wait to go again! Also, we need to just plan on getting these girls together weekly. Phoenix will probably be the closest thing to a sister that Claire will ever have! :-)

Kellie and Stephen said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I agree with Liz you are a great rider already, but I'm glad you finally LOVE it! Phoenix and Claire are soo cute together.

Tiffany said...

you DID NOT!!! I told you that picture of me was allowed on the blog or facebook. I am going to have to start putting on make-up and doing my hair while camping all because of you.

We do need to go more often so I am not the only one still scared to death.

Tiffany said...

was NOT allowed

Q is for the Quince's said...

All of your pictures are super cute :) I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Christa said...

Glad you guys all had fun! I'm jealous!!