Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bobby's 30th surprise brithday weekend!!

For the last few months I've been planning to surprise Bobby with a 3 day weekend away. I planned on a surprise trip because Bobby always surprises ME, but I'm HORRIBLE at keeping secrets, so I usually don't even attempt it, but this time it all worked out. This was the first time we went out of town without bringing Phoenix along, and although I was sick with worry before we left, as soon as we hit the road I was fine. We had such a GREAT time, and this alone time was LONG overdue. :) Here's what we got into this weekend....

Friday afternoon: picked Bobby up from work with the car loaded, and gleefully let him know that we were on our way to Phoenix, AZ to watch a game and enjoy a weekend ALONE!! He then questioned me for the next 5 hours in the car on how, why, who, when, before he finally accepted happily that we were on our way to 3 days of rest and relaxation!

Friday evening: Checked into the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, and did I mention that my AWESOME SIL Diana hooked us up for FREE!!! Thanks again Diana for the sick room!! We LOVED it!

Saturday morning: A WAY unhealthy breakfast of french toast for me, and biscuits and gravy for Bobby.

afternoon: shopping and a "birthday brunch" at cold stone!! :)

Early evening: off to see the Diamondbacks win!! This was my first pro baseball game, it was SO exciting, definitely something we'll have to do again sometime.

Sunday: A long overdue trip to IKEA!! This was an early Birthday gift to myself. I can do some serious damage at IKEA, and I did!! I LOVE this store!!!! This was a 3 hour event, so big up to my patient husband for not complaining once!

Sunday afternoon: Lunch and Movie

Sunday evening: Last night out to dinner :(

Monday morning: Checked out, ate breakfast, and began a long drive home. sob, sob, I was sad that it was over SO quickly! We discussed how important it is that we squeeze these little vacations in more often!

Overall I think this was one of the best little trips we've gone on. I missed my baby, but was grateful to have people I love and trust watching her. Thank you, Shawna, Niki, In-laws, and Liz for giving us peace of mind while we were away. Also, thanks to my little bro-in-law and his sweet Diana, that room was the best Birthday gift we could have ever received. Here are a few pics from this weekend. Again, Happy 30th Birthday to my WONDERFUL husband!

2 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

You are such a great wife!! I still have nothing planned and no ideas for Jess' 30th. Help!!

I loved the pictures, but wished there was more! I feel like I missed out on a great and "funny" game! :-)

Leah said...

Looks like fun!! What a great surprise! We're heading down to Cali. this weekend and I'm planning on hitting up IKEA and doing some of my own damage! WHY OH WHY don't we have an IKEA yet????
Happy Birthday, Bobby!!